Friday, November 4, 2016
New Client Sell Side Engagement - Online Marketplace Handmade Goods & Craft Supplies
· The Omni-Channel Imperative: Retailers are responding to the Amazon success by creating their own marketplaces like Sears.com or acquiring a platform like Wal-Mart's acquisition of Jet. The growth in retail is clearly in the online space.
· Recurring Revenue Business Model: Generated from a mix of marketplace flat rate shop fees, Item Listing Fees (ILF) and variable fees on sales volume. Seller pays for services such as prominent placement in search results via a Featured Store. Other revenue includes the fees we receive from a third-party payment processor and from a third-party advertiser.
· Proprietary expertise: With the original Marketplace established in 2008, this battle tested platform not only delivers the latest technology, but has helped sellers generate over $100 million in lifetime gross merchandise sales.
· Current Market Metrics This "ETSY Like Marketplace" has almost 12,000 active merchants and over 8 million unique visitors over the past 12 months.
· The Strategic Acquirer: Can immediately leverage this marketplace technology and expertise into your Omni-Channel offering, acquire a loyal community of sellers and buyers and incorporate a virtuous circle of craft product suppliers and buyers as well as makers / sellers and buyers of handcrafted goods.